Monday, July 2, 2007

Monday July 2nd

I'm supposed to be at work right now. Or rather to Frenchie, I am at the office working hard. But really, I just got home after a drink with Joe (of the dinner party). It is probably not a good sign that I am lying to Frenchie to avoid seeing him.

Frenchie has been a real sweetheart. He saw the copy of Claudia Fleming's Gramercy Tavern Desserts recipe book on my bedside table and surprised me by taking me to dessert at Gramercy Tavern last Friday night. Then on Saturday, I mentioned that I was looking forward to getting some marmalade when I was next back in London. Lo and behold, he presents me with a bottle of marmalade on Sunday.

But still no, I am not feeling it from him. He does not challenge me, nor make me want to be better. We would not be able to maintain a continuous volley. We would run out of things to talk about (in fact, maybe we have).

Maybe the one thing that my 2007 "no-schmuck" rule is doing for me is to make me realise that actually I need to be with a schmuck?

*******************

On other news, I finally have a real assignment to work on. Yeay! The not-so-good thing is that I have to work over the 4th of July holiday. Boo.

Also, I finally got around to cleaning my apartment. It's starting to look more and more like my original inspiration for it - the penthouse of the Soho Grand Hotel. A friend came over on the weekend and commented that my place looked like a bachelor pad. Could have been the 42" TV?

No comments: