Friday, September 7, 2007

Friday September 7th

Labor Day is over, the summer is over. It's time to buckle down and start doing some real work now.

The French have a term for this - "la rentrée". It's the time when everyone gets back from their summer vacations and go back to school or get back to work. And this is also the time to spring clean and make new year's resolutions.

So far, the change over here has been subtle but perceptible. Work has picked up a little as my MDs get back from Nantucket. I've watched keenly for the air to turn a little more chilly. I'm starting to think about all the goodies that fall will bring - chesnuts, butternut squash, savoy cabbage. And I've even shed my sun-bleached blonde highlights for warmer red highlights.

I'm ready for fall now.

And I also have my new year's resolutions:

1) Cook at home more often
2) Spend less
3) Have people over for Sunday Suppers
4) Work harder, prove myself and make sure I get paid as well as I can be
5) Pick up a hobby
6) Read more
7) Figure out what I want to do after i-wanking

No comments: