Thursday, October 4, 2007

Thursday 7th October

My 1,125 disposable souffle cups have finally arrived. Lots of baking is in order, methinks.

******************************

"How have you been doing?

What have you been up to?

What's happening in your part of the world?


Different variations of the same question. And all difficult to answer.

The inevitable and almost expected answer begins with "I'm good" You can't really start with any negativity when someone's asking about you, can you? And then what next?

Do I provide a synopsis of all the random things I have been to since the last time I spoke to these various people? And leave out all the times when I have been bored out of my mind at work? Or do I keep it as "I'm good."

I always feel the pressure to make my life sound more interesting than it really is. I mean, I am a single girl living in NYC. My life should be the real life version of Sex and The City. I should be out wearing pretty dresses and Manolos every night, and meeting cute men on every street corner.

But it isn't really. Yes, I wear my share of pretty dresses and strappy gravity-defying shoes. And there are occasionally boys, not necessarily any who resemble Chris Noth unfortunately. But more often than not, I'm just living a "normal lifestyle". I go to work, get really bored out of my mind at work, hit the gym, come home, watch Law & Order and have fat/bad hair days.

But if anyone's asking, I'm good. Work's still slow, but I am doing a fair job keeping myself entertained/out of trouble outside of work.

No comments: