Friday, June 8, 2007

Thursday June 7th

So...Frenchie called after all. :)

After we'd arranged a time and place for meeting, he sends me a text message asking "Would you like me to pick you up from in front of your building?". Now dear readers, to provide a bit of background, I come from a parallel universe where chivalry is not practised. (Picture me struggling with many heavy bags while the male friend next to me strolls casually with free hands.) I am also fleeing a dating history of schmucks and freaks (could make for an epic post if I ever get around it) So, putting things into context now, my knees went weak when I saw that text. In fact I was almost ready to have his babies there and then!

Needless to say, he did pick me up from the front of my building and we strolled a short distance to dinner. The evening went well. :) Maybe I will have his babies someday after all? We shall see...

*************************

Moving on to Not Making New Friends. My workplace. I work in an investment bank which shall remain unnamed. Most of my colleagues, oops co-workers, are male. And when I say male bankers, I mean frat boys in their early 30s. Being a girl, there's just no way around it but I don't fit in. The boys don't include me on their social conversations. Not that I have much insight to add about golf, girls and drinking. I miss the boys in the London office. They were just much better than being friends with females.

And I keep getting the feeling that I am not being taken seriously enough because I am an attractive young Asian female. So I got the following book: Play Like a Man, Win Like a Woman. Will let you know how it goes after I finish reading it. I am woman, hear me roar!

*************************

Girlfriend from London in town this weekend. Yeay! :) We're doing manicures and facials, girlie cocktails, shopping.

p.s. P*ONG - pleasant place. small plates dining format with a long dessert list and interesting cocktail menu. would recommend for evenings with the girls.

No comments: